Jquery is very popular and in high demand among the developers because the functions used by jQuery are easy to learn and even a designer can learn it fast. It is open source software and also it is free. JQuery is dual-licensed under the MIT License and the GNU General Public License. Microsoft has integrated jQuery officially into its IDE Visual Studio 2010 and jQuery intelligence is available in Visual Studio 2010 now. Jquery is too compactable and well written in java code, it increases the productivity of the developer by enabling them to achieve critical user interface (UI) functionality by writing very less amount of code. It helps to,
- Improve the performance of the application
- Develop most browser compatible web page
- Implement UI related critical functionality without writing hundreds of lines of codes
- Extensible – jQuery can be extended to implement customized behavior
Advantages of adding animations with AJAX are
- Animations hide the fact that some requests take time to be processed server-side.
- Animations attract the user’s attention to what is changing on the Web page. Without an animation, a user might not notice that part of the page changed.
JQuery is very easy to use and we did not worry at all about cross-browser issues, because JQuery provides an abstraction layer that protects us from those problems.
For adding jQuery library in our web pages we are using the following mark up.
- HTML element selections
- Easy to learn
- HTML element manipulation
- CSS manipulation
- HTML event functions
- HTML DOM traversal and modification
- Works with AJAX
- Utilities:- Such as browser version and the each function
- Compatibility methods that are natively available in modern browsers but need fallbacks for older ones – For example the inArray() and each() functions.
- Cross-browser support.
- Small File Size
- Can combine with Prototype
- Can work with Other Coding Languges