What is Android?
Android is a stack of software for mobile which has an OS (Operating System), middleware some key applications. The application proceeds within its own process and its own instance of Dalvik Virtual Machine. The various Virtual Machines run efficiently by a DVM device. The DVM proceeds Java language’s byte code, which later transforms into dex format files.
What are the main features of Android?
- There are following main features are:
- Optimized DVM from mobile devices
- The development is a combination of a device emulator, memory profiling debugging tools and plug-in for Eclipse IDE.
- The components can be reused and replaced by the application framework.
- SQLilite enables to store the data in a structured manner.
- Support many technologies such as GSM telephone and Bluetooth, WiFi, 3G and EDGE.
What are the Developing Android Apps tools required?
There are some tools given here:
- Eclipse + ADT plugin
- SDK Tools
What is the full name of ADT?
The full name of ADT is Android Developer Tools.
What do you mean by AVD?
ADV stands for Android Virtual Device (emulator), the android SDK (Software Development Kit) includes a mobile device emulator a virtual mobile device that runs on your computer.
Who is the founder of Android?
Founder of Android is Andy Rubin.
How many code names of Android?
- Jelly Bean
- Ice Cream Sandwitch
What are the main advantages of Android?
- Platform-independent: It means it supports many operating systems such as windows, Mac and Linux platform.
- Open-source: That means no license, distribution and development fee.
- The Highly optimized Virtual Machine: An android uses a highly optimized virtual machine for mobile devices are known as DVM (Dalvik Virtual Machine).
- Support various technologies: That means it supports camera, Bluetooth, wifi, speech, EDGE etc.
Does Android support other language than Java?
Yes, android application can be developed in C, C++, also using android NDK. Which makes the performance faster? It should be also used with android SDK.
What do you mean by core building blocks of Android?
There are following core building blocks of android are:
- Content Provider